Thursday, February 5, 2009

The internet needs to lose about 20,000 lbs

There is an astounding amount of worthless information on the internet. It's a well-known fact that the average American maintains 7.2 personal blogs. In some states, the family pet has as many as 3 blogs on average. This is a disconcerting issue to me, specifically because I was always taught to get rid of things that were no longer in use. Didn't your mother ever tell you to go through your closet for things that no longer fit you or still contain shoulder pads? I think the internet needs to go on one of those celebrity cleansing diets where it spends some really uncomfortable time at the spa and subsists on chicken broth for a week. And where do the unused websites even go after we've trashed them? Do we put them on a barge like toxic medical waste and float them back and forth across the ocean to other continents, so they can be traded like a hot potato? I don't know the answer to that, but I bet the Salvation Army could use a donation of my personal websites from junior high school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment